Tuesday, September 17, 2013

PRO-FRIENDS cares


One relaxing Sunday afternoon, I was doing my leisurely internet reading to get myself all clued up with what’s going on in the world. I visited a running website and bumped into an article about PRO-FRIENDS supporting a fun running event called “run for e-learning” that aims to help selected schools in Cavite, Pampanga and Iloilo to get adequate e-learning facilities and I.T education tools. Why I am so thrilled about this advocacy by Profriends? The answer is; I live in a home that Property Company of Friends, Inc. developed a few years back. It just gets me excited knowing that my property developer is into helping people out and has a sense of corporate social responsibility. That means they are beyond just selling properties and making profit. They are a company that is passionate about the uplifting of people’s lives through these kinds of campaigns. Reading through the article about the run for e-learning, I became more curious about the company’s other advocacies and activities of the same nature so I did further searching (through Google of course, god bless Google, what are we going to do without Google right?). My curious search led me back to the company’s official website where I found out that the run for e-learning was not the first time that the company participated in activities that benefits people. I found out that the company has participated in more than 10 charitable and humanitarian activities in total. The recent one is the livelihood seminar in collaboration with the Imus Vocational and Technical School (IVTS) and the city of Imus for the residents of Montefaro Village in Imus Cavite. It was the first ever livelihood seminar conducted by Profriends and I know that it is definitely not the last because of its astounding success. During the event, the residents of Montefaro Village were taught how to produce processed meats such as tocino and embotido. They were also given free started kits complete with the tools and ingredients they are going to need in learning the skill. The goal of the seminar according to Profriends and Imus Vocational and Technical School is to impart knowledge and skills to willing residents so they can be groomed to start their own small scale businesses. That is really great, I thought because it helps people in becoming self-sufficient individuals. I think it is far better than just simply giving away donations like what the other companies do for their charitable activities. The effect of such livelihood seminar is aimed towards the long term which otherwise can’t be achieved by merely giving people donations.
 
Another recent humanitarian activity that Profriends participated in was the 2013 Habitat Youth Build where volunteers from the Property Company of Friends, Inc. gathered together along with over two thousand other youth volunteers to build close to a hundred houses in Tanza Cavite. The houses built are going to be given to families displaced by recent calamities like typhoons and heavy flooding. It was a successful activity resulting to hundreds of houses built for the benefit of typhoon victims. I can’t help but feel really good reading it knowing that the company that built the home I am living in also selflessly builds homes for people in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment