Thursday, October 3, 2013

Rocket-Internet’s Lazada is on the Top of the Heap


My first visit to Lazada Philippines website was a great moment of discovery, a serendipity of epic proportions   (I am exaggerating my words and waxing poetic of course) and the image that was projected inside my head was the image of a popular online shopping website in the U.S and if you were thinking about Amazon.com then you are spot on and you are right in on it. I like the way the website feels. I love the way that it is channelling amazon.com in terms of the overall feel and aura that the website emits. I love amazon.com and I have been wishing and thinking about how great it would be if they would branch out and put up a local version. My wish indirectly came true because Lazada is the closest that you can get to having an amazon.com. I came to love amazon.com before because that is the website where I get to read very helpful book reviews that aids me in making a purchase decision. I only got to purchase a couple of titles from the company. I just tried it out.

What I am usually after are the great write-ups about the books that I want to buy. I am a book lover, a bibliophile and a collector and amazon.com has a very impressive inventory of titles at a great prices. What I do usually is that I scan the website to check out reviews then buy the book off a local bookstore that is why I was definitely longing for an online shopping website locally where I can order books and experience the convenience of having it shipped to my home address. A lot of my colleagues and friends who are book lovers as well tell me that I should rather get in on the latest technological advancement when it comes to collecting books and that is getting them in electronic format just like what Kindle Fire is about. That prospect sure is very tempting, I know that a big room with 1000 volumes will occupy a fraction of a space inside Kindle Fire and I know that I could even have a full collection that includes books about every subject and every author there is in one compact package. 

However, I am not interested in having everything in my collection because I only want the essentials. Also, the experience of reading is not going to be fully satisfying if I am going to read it off an electronic gadget sliding my fingers across the screen to scroll down to the next page. I am more old school, I like the traditional way of thumbing through actual paper pages and I love the sound of crisp paper being turned to the next page. Anyway, I am very happy that Rocket-Internet came up with Lazada Philippines as the website sells the best book titles like amazon.com. I can now enjoy ordering books online without worrying how long it would take for me to receive the package. Lazada is definitely on top of the heap and a stand-out among other online shopping companies.


No comments:

Post a Comment