Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lazada: A different take on online shopping

Want to see online surfing in a different light? Try to use a different approach by doing something completely drastic. Online shopping is mistaken as a form of a gamble because the stakes of getting scammed is high. But if this is still how you see it then maybe it’s about time you start catching up on your readings. Shopping websites were definitely successful in repackaging their image because considering how small the percentage of online shoppers were then, the numbers have greatly increased in the past years and is continuously growing everyday.

            Lazada is currently one of the top ranked online sites today because of their ability to capture the hearts of Filipino shoppers everywhere. Why limit yourself to one type of product when you can offer so much more?

            I bought my very first Apple product from Lazada. I remember it perfectly since it was only a few months ago. I bought an iPod nano wristwatch. It was color blue and I thought at first it was too pricey compared to what I normally spend for gadgets. But they had a BDO promo back then that gave me a percentage off over the already slightly discounted wristwatch. Before I submitted my order, I noticed that they also had the latest Twilight Saga book I wanted.  To cut the story short, I ended up buying it making my errand for one totally not go as I intended it to. That was when my first appreciation grew for online shops that sell more than just one type of product. It lessens the struggle of checking pages after pages in Google Search only to end up empty handed.

            Though not so many people can see the benefits of having a well-rounded website like Lazada, I personally see it as a start of something even more timesaving making the internet even more preferable than it already is. Also, online sites today are able to attract customers and at the same time woo them over to buying through several offerings of payments, warranties and services. I paid through cash on delivery more popularly known as COD that only asks for payment after the package has been handed over. This lessens the chances of losing money, a risk mostly heard in credit card purchases. Another great thing about what I bought was both item came with two-year warranties. Prior to that, I had 7 days from when I received it to return it if by any chance it malfunctioned or didn’t meet its descriptions posted online.

            With such great marketing teams assembled today, anything that was totally frowned upon before is now capable of making a 36o degree turn into something positive. Online shopping sites started out on the wrong foot but have definitely made its way back in the e-commerce industry, stronger than ever. If you think it’s big now, wait until everyone even those part of the marginalized economy get their hands on smartphones and Wi-Fi access. The economy will definitely have a great kick at it.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, think Lazada is leading when it comes to local online shops. They really have thousands of products to offer.

    ReplyDelete