Monday, April 15, 2013

Lazada and Z’s closet: An experience worth sharing

How can you tell if a fresh new company is worth your time? How do you measure its reliability before hearing about its rave reviews? This has always been a concern of Filipino online shoppers but it’s rarely discussed in a way that even those trying out online shopping for the first time can understand it. I am not a pro in any way because I have only ordered online twice. But two out of my two tries, I experienced outstanding results making me feel that I may not have the experience for it but I definitely have made the right judgments that led to such outcomes. 

                The first website I ordered from was Z’s closet. It’s an online shopping site featured on Facebook that sells a variety of clothes imported from diverse countries. It is owned by a Lasallian graduate named Zia Marquez. Being a lasallian myself, it felt a lot safer trying out buying online for the first time from a site I may not be completely familiar with but have certain facts about it I can use as basis. I ordered a blazer from the said site and since it was free size, the fit was not something I became concerned about. True enough when I met up with the owner, it fit me like a glove and the price was worth the effort (of meeting up). 

                Because my first experience went so well, I had an urge to try it out the second time just to see if I would be able to spot anything else online that I would like. I landed on Philippines' Online Shopping Mall ad while browsing through a couple of fashion pages on Faceook. My curiosity definitely paid off because it had more options. They offered techie devices, books, DVDs and other gizmos that totally caught my attention. I ended up buying a set of speakers for the flat screen my parents gave to me before they migrated to Australia. Since I had one successful experience prior to Lazada, I expected greater service considering the website is owned by an international company based in Germany. I read about their services which included a hotline available on a daily basis, 7-day return policy, 2-year manufacturer’s warranty and free delivery if a minimum purchase of P1, 000 is met. Of course this set the bar high for the future sites I would eventually order from but since I know now it’s possible, I don’t see why I should lessen my standards. 

                Basically, I think that each experience helps a person grow in terms of how they make decisions. But this involves attention to detail and research. Not everything we see firsthand is a perfect overview of the site. If it is, then that’s great and lucky of you. But if it’s not, taking some time off to reevaluate a site wouldn’t hurt. After all, it’s your money you’re spending and if anything goes wrong, you’ll most likely end up worrying more. There’s nothing worse than struggling to fix something that could have been mended early in the process

No comments:

Post a Comment