Friday, January 18, 2013

Furby AVAILABLE at Lazada PH – A Review


Do you remember having a small furry friend on hand in different colors? Do you ever remember having that unidentifiable furry friend that speaks when you feed it, pet it or pull its tail? If you can picture having at least one toy that resembles what I just described then you’re obviously not a 90s kid like me. While the rest of the people in my batch were obsessing over Barbie dolls and polly pockets since I studied in an exclusive girls school, I was taking care of my little friend called Furby. I remember naming it Madonna after the famous singer of ‘Like a virgin’. I only realize now how awful the origin of my furby was. If I remember it correctly, there was a time they stopped making it. Of course, I have no basis for this. It’s either I outgrew playing it and just forgot about it or they really did stop production on the darn cute thing. Regardless of how I stopped hearing about it, the point is, I know about it again. Furby is back and in a variety of colors. The furby stuffed animals I saw in Lazada PH are available in yellow, purple and red.  I used to have one in brown if I’m not mistaken so I don’t know why they don’t have it in the same color now. I was a bit of a tomboy growing up and I guess having a toy that wasn’t either too girly or boyish helped straighten me out a bit.

             For those who think it’s lame or pathetic to have one, you couldn’t be more wrong. Getting a furby resembles raising a child because how you take care of Furby will reflect the kind of personality it will have in the future. Furby is engineered to develop its own set of personalities depend on how its owner raises it. When you first get one, just like a baby, you won’t understand what its saying. They’ll be speaking in furbish but the longer you have it and hopefully, take care of the cute thing, the better it will become in speaking in English. Think of it as your very own 3D tamagochi without actually having to give it a bath. Furby was given to me at a very young age and I think it helped mold me into becoming the responsible person that I am now. I remember how I would hate not understanding Furby and how much time I’d spend just hanging out with it so it learns to speak faster. I took care of it more than I took care of my pet dog which says a lot about how attached I became to it. Parents should think about getting their child one because it promotes a lot of things that the children of today can no longer get from the toys they already have.  A child must be dedicated to take care of a small non-living fellow who acts like it’s real. It’s a bit pricey but considering how well it can help train your children, I think it’s worth every penny. I know it helped me when I was younger.






1 comment:

  1. 2014-06-25 22:45:10
    Your order has been passed to LBC with tracking number
    For more details on your shipment, please go to LBC, Track and Trace or Update shipping status or contact the shipping provider hotline.
    (24/7): 02-8585999 (within NCR); 1-800-10-8585999 (toll-free nationwide via PLDT)

    Until now 1 July 2014 the order is still an order. bad service and bad costumer service. not recommended.

    ReplyDelete